PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - XL.com/Excel Airways
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2007, 14:08
B.Flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
XL? ............

Originally Posted by Princessjalee
Hey all!

I did start a new thread but got diverted to this one!

I had my first airline interview ever last week for excel and got the job! All happened a bit fast but seems like a good shout! hehe!

Anyone out there who works/worked for excel? What are they like?

Also a big issue for me is accommodation as i live about 2 hours away from gatwick so will need to get closer! Any tips on what other crew do for accom etc? x
Congratulations for your first airline job!!

What are they like??

Some of the crew love it, and some of them hate it!

I personally think XL is the worst charter airline!!

Bad salary - I earned last summer between 790£ - 1080£- that's a joke !!!!!!

Useless crewing and rostering!!

Lots of stanby and called out only 3 times ( in seven months)!!

If you get called out from your standby, they can expect fom you to be there whitin 45 minutes!!!!!!!- I HAD to do it twice!

Rostering is very unfair, some of the crew had each month two trips, my first long haul flight was in september.... - I was not the only one........
Everyone is complaining about everything.......etc...etc...

Also pilots are copmlaining, one of them was screaming at the front of Concorde House how he hates the company!!!............

Be aware - don't be sick!!!!!

Also this copmany discriminate people!!They have problems with crew who have a different culture....I know few crew, they just left because they coul't handle it anymore!!
Can you imagine?One of them is flying with Ryanair again!!!!

One of my best friend who is flying now with XL, just called me before, she was crying because she have only one flight for the hole month..........and she does't know how to pay the rent!!!!!

People are leaving every day!!

I know that there is no perfect empoyer, but this is too bad, this is a JOKE!!

I just try to tell you the truth, and I think for a first airline job is XL all right, just make sure someone can help you financial until you fly with them!

There are other charter companys like Monarch, Thomas Cook,Thomson, those are much much better!
My friend is flying with Thomas Cook, she have the avarage salary app. 1400£ after tax,every month long haul ...etc...she is very happy!
Why don't you try one of them???????

I wish you all the best, and if you go for XL GOOD LUCK!!