PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Cabin Crew Strike Threat
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2007, 10:53
lord mash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Well i am glad the BA CC are making a stand whether or not you think the issues they are striking over are minor your entitled to your opinions.

What i really want to see raised by the media is the even worse terms and conditions cabin crew from other airlines work under.
BA is considered to be among the very best T&C, the rest of us are under even more pressure.eg bullying over sick days, pressure to work even more sectors when tired out, lack of meals, nowhere to sit on a 12 hour shift and doing another 12 hour shift the following day for up to 6/7 days on etc etc and not talkng about long haul here either, cant afford to pay anything into a pension scheme. - Trouble is its all being presented in the media as another problem for BA please somebody reading this in the press take a look at how we have to do our jobs and the terms and conditions we do it under and please no smart replies about if you dont like it get out. We love working but why should we have to accept the worst T&C in order to do that? Tthis is 2007 i dont think we have progressed so much from the the 19 century sometimes. Wake up everyone in order to pay £50 to fly somewhere on holiday the cabin crew will be working for about £1.70ph in some cases for 6/7 days on and minimum rest and no control over their working week whatsoever. Forget the trolly dolly programmes on TV and Airline even animals get better treatment then some cabin crews. If BA crews get a result it should have a knock on effect down the industry line so dont giveup guys please!