PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thought I would share my SIX days of VIRUS hell with you!
Old 26th Apr 2001, 00:50
Feline

IFR - Yeah! Velvet and I went through the same hell some time last year with The Love Bug. But can't agree with you on Norton - I get the Snow White bug at least once a week, and Norton nails it stone dead as soon it hits my mail queue. I am still using an oldish version of Norton Anti-Virus which is excellent and I still get free definition updates on a regular basis. But I would agree that the Norton Utilities Monitor programme is certainly a piece of software that needs to be switched OFF.
While I realise that you're not the greatest Norton fan, and in no way wishing to antagonise you, you might just want to look at (ahem!) Norton Ghost which will store a disk image of your hard drive elsewhere, and makes re-installation of a complete working system very easy indeed. Haven't used it in anger yet, but did a practise run to see whether it could restore my Libretto - and no problem!

18wheeler - Yupp! Eudora is a great piece of s/w - and I use use Eudora EIS very successfully on my Palm IIIc to access my e-mail via a cell phone when I'm in the back of beyond.

------------------
Feline
(I Sit, I Watch, I Smile)