PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA IR issues
Thread: BA IR issues
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2007, 07:42
misshostie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's a risk most seem prepared to take.
I'm not sure where BA stands and how long they can go before they have the possible chance of folding, but one would assume that it is a calculated risk these people have taken. People don't strike for no good reason. A strike is usually the last resort when communication has broken down.
Blackace - I have no prior knowledge or experiences with strike action however I am a bit concerned as to why staff don't strike one day, come back the next, strike another, come back etc if this is to avoid temporary labour.
This strike to me is not a public transport strike, it's not a car manufacturer strike, this is a strike on a MASSIVE scale. Some 75,000 passengers are affected each day. One could hypothetically assume 50% are in favour of the strike but are inconvenienced, the other 50% are not sure what all the fuss is about and are annoyed they had to make alternative arrangements.
This is a big kick in the guts for BA management and should be taken seriously. Like you say Blackace, you are correct about being offered your job back for less conditions however it is in my opinion that history will repeat itself again and again should this course of action be taken.They're already unhappy, make them unhappier and the knives will come out.
If BA were to recruit a whole new crew it would cost them a lot of money and time, not to mention their reputation while flights are cancelled in the mean time to train new crew.
They're not asking for much in my eyes ANYWAY!

Last edited by misshostie; 26th Jan 2007 at 07:56.