PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Initial full-flt. sim. tng on A-320: what is the most challenging maneuver or event?
Old 26th Jan 2007, 06:31
Ignition Override

Received 9 Likes on 1 Post
Lightbulb Initial full-flt. sim. tng on A-320: what is the most challenging maneuver or event?

From a basic, practical perspective, is the most demanding area during an engine failure or is it dealing with multiple computer failures etc, or a combination computer/flight control failure, i.e. in alternate or direct law?

This company excludes and ignores useless memorization, trivia and theory (what a blessing). For example, the hydraulics chapter has NO list of what is powered by the green, blue or yellow systems.

Any general hints, other than knowing basic flows/procedures, call-outs, daily briefing guides and prioritization?

My first full-flight sim was tonight and the machine is easier to hand-fly than I expected. Off the topic but maybe the Ubisoft computer game "Forgotten Battles" (Spitfire, Hurri., P-51, LAGC, Me-109, Bf-110, P-38, Komet...) helped out a little.
I highly recommend this game, whether the Euro or Pacific version. The only keyboard button you ever need is the "escape" button. Just tell me that about Microsoft....