PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus - Spar Crack
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2007, 05:58
Thirty Eight South

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[quote=Slopwith;3078498] I understand it is basically a right off but Airbus have got their crash team re-building it so it doesn't become another Airbus hull loss statistic.[unquote]

[quote=jumpseater;3079550]''It always amazes me that what is quite obviously a right off and uneconomic to repair, does gets repaired to keep the statistics sweet.'' Care to show us where it says airbus repair to 'keep the statistics sweet'?

->Good point mr.jumpseater, well spotted.

just to clarify something about stats and economics, 'uneconomic' is a relative term based on a series of variables used to determine viability; viability with airframe useable life is a complex business best left to the professionals.

as for the statistical collation - losses are determined by the insurance companies, not the airplane manufacture(s) and the bottom line is cold hard cash; airlines will repair their a/c to keep the hull loss stats in the black (allegedly)

they spend all of that time and money monkey proofing the planes and still the bananas skins are stacking up. in addition, I wasn't aware that either A or B had a 'crash team' for this purpose...there you go, you learn something new everyday