PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Training & Flying in America: Visa information
Old 26th Jan 2007, 05:43
dogpaddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks once again for the information.

i4iq,

I have considered the Hillsboro route but due to several reasons, both personal and practical, have decided to follow the HAI route. I've had plenty of time whilst saving the money to think about most of the other possibilities

Thanks for the Yahoo! tip.

HillerBee,

What qualifications did you complete in 5.5 months? From what I've heard about the aircraft/instructor availability, you must have been really pushing it.

Did you manage to get a job with HAI or did you have to move somewhere else? (Weighing up the pros and cons of getting R22 qualified )

From what you've both said, I think I'm going to put plan B into action:

start now with the JAA ATPL exams (distance learning) and get them done before I go to the States. I never did fancy opening that can of worms upon my return to the UK. I can then take the flight test in Florida! Any one see any problems with that route?

Do you think that will also help convince the officials about my intentions to return to Europe?

Thanks,

dogpaddy

Yes I do live in Vienna. Have fun in Graz. I've not been there yet so I can't offer you any tips about places to go, things to see. I have heard that it's a lovely city. Are you flying in there to go somewhere else or staying in Graz?