PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wannabe a pilot! (And I'm too damn lazy to do a search)
Old 25th Jan 2007, 22:56
AlphaMale

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by VFE
Did you open the 'How to become a pilot' PDF on the BALPA site?
If you cannot understand that son, I'd recommend another career. Sorry to sound so blunt..... but really!
You are just being lazy - you need to wipe your own backside in this game.
VFE.
I think this is the best advice

If you can't figure out how to search for a training school then you've failed the first test. I can see 3 training banners flashing in front of my eyes. If you keep refreshing thi forum you'll see a number of flight schools - You don't even have to use the complicated search facility

I think the cheapest way to get all the needed qualifications is go pack your bag and go to Greece (Egnatia) give them £31k and hope you pass everything first time. You'll be short of 750 hours that can be built up over time and when you reach 1,000 hours (a lot of Multi time in night and bad weather conditions) you might get a sniff, if you can prove in the interview why you're better than the person next to you who has the same hours and maybe a little wiser and complete with life experience and a science degree then you might get the job if you pass the sim test ... then all you need to do if fork out £30,000 to get a licence to fly a 737 / A320

If you go to Uni expect another £15,000 to add to your 'self training investment' but it'll also give you a second chance at life if you should fall short at becoming a Pilot.

My best suggestion is buy a ATPL revision book and read through the whole lot. If you think you can pass the exams then pay the money to the man and see where it takes you ... if all else fails at least you died trying.

Keep reading the threads, some will make you want to slit your wrists and some will give you the confidence to put your parents home at risk in order to pay OAT the £70k+ bill

Either way - Good luck