PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Kenn Borek Air.
Thread: Kenn Borek Air.
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2007, 19:17
dataplate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Duck Pilot
G'day everyone.
A few of questions in regard to Kenn Borek Air if anyone can help. I come across an advertisement where they are looking for DHC-6 pilots.

I have about 3000 hours PIC in Twin Otters, with "no" float experience. I am an Australian with an ATPL, most of my Twin Otter flying has been done in remote areas in the tropics.

Would they look at people like myself with no float time, but a lot of time on type ? I'm not looking for a float plane job, although I would consider it if a position was offered. I know they have aircraft operating around the Poles and in Canada additional to the Maldives. Where else in the world do they have Twin Otters based ?

Any information would be much appreciated.

Have a nice day.
As all KBAL aircraft are Canadian registered, apart from the ones working for Air Taxi in the Maldives, you would need to get your Canadian ATPL. They would like you to have off strip experince on the DHC6. The majority of the flying is on skis or tundra gear in the Arctic or Antarctic. If you were willing to get a float rating and sit right seat for 6 months or more in the Maldives that could be a way in.

DA42 has his geography mixed up, there are no KBAL aircraft flying in Cambodia or Panama, never was. But he was close, there was a short contract in the Caymans for less than a year a few years ago and the on going work in Burma, with just the one airplane.