PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What to do with a Walt?
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2007, 18:27
An Teallach

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, for those who asked for a debrief, the Black Watch Regimental Association got back to me today and, unsurprisingly neither they nor the RHQ have heard of SSgt McMitty MBE, VD & Scar. The icing on the cake, though, is that Walt and his wife's visas have been revoked by the Home Office and they are to leave the country at the weekend. Sadly, I don't know the reason for the deportation and presume it wasn't for walting since you don't get deported for murder with this government!

Needless to say, a copy of the reply from the Black Watch will be winging its way to our sister society in the USA so that any application for membership from the McMittys may be properly considered before it is rejected.

Another nicely ironic touch: In his letter, the gentleman from the real Black Watch has asked me to propose him for membership of our society; so having disposed of McMitty, I won't even be down on membership.

Though I've always had my doubts, perhaps there is a god ... and our society's Reverend President has a hotline! Note to self: Remember not to upset El Presidente!