PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thick passenger comments
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2007, 17:24
gflynorw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I do love my job, but sometimes it amazes you as to why some people survive in this world being as they are!

I'm quite a young senior crew member, and sometimes, people who are older hate being asked to do something by a crew member, it's not like I'm on a power trip or anything - I'm just doing my job!
  • Hand Baggage - Can people not think if they cram loads of hand bags between their seats they are not going to block people in in the event of an emergency? And when asked by crew to clear the floor space, they mutter under their breath.
  • Running out of Food - Do people think we have unlimited space with 2 sandwiches for each passenger so we can give them their first choice? Oh yes, I forgot, we have a Tesco supermarket in the hold
  • Mess - Some people come on board and leave a right mess, I would love to get their addresses and trample crisps into their carpets, leave chewing gum on their leather sofas, and draw all over their tables!
  • Boarding passes - it's a requirement for us to check the stubs, why do people persist in shouting their seat number out? I don't care where you are sitting, I need to see your pass to ensure your right on the aircraft.
  • Manners - What happened to please and thank you? And when someone asks you 'Would you like something from the bar?" A grunt and a dirty look is a not a polite reply.
  • The fasten seat belt sign is simple - fasten your seatbelt. It means stay seated, it means your child should stay seated.
There, rant over, feel better now!