PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Pilots and Cabin Crew
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2007, 19:52
apaddyinuk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BA Pilots and Cabin Crew

Sorry for making a new thread here but I feel it deserves one. (Mods, I understand if you want to move it but can you keep it up here for a few hours at least...cheers!)
I am a very VERY pro flight deck cabin crew member. I have nothing but respect for flight crew, my father is one and I once upon a time wished to be one myself.
HOWEVER, It has come to my attention that there are a number of you out there bullying cabin crew over the current industrial situation. In fact I know of several incidents whereby crew have been reduced to tears by arrogant abusive attitudes from beyond the flight deck door.
This is a blatant misuse of your authority. Regardless of your opinions towards the unions and crew in general nothing gives you the right to bully in the work place which is exactly what you are doing. BASSA are now aware of this and encouraging crew to take the names and staff numbers of flight crew (and indeed anyone in the company) who harasse crew in this manner as they can be reported and a personal greivance may be taken out under EG102/3.
A quote of "bullying" under this policy is "This is the persistent misuse of power and aggression, sometimes subtle in nature, intended to hurt, humiliate and belittle an individual or group of individuals."
You do a totally different job to us, different things effect us to what effect you. None of you are really in a position to comment on our terms and conditions. Our problems are not just about NAPS (Im not a NAPS member) or EG300, this is an all encompassing battle. Give it a rest, dont bring it up in work and try and have a little bit of respect for your fellow man and colleague. At the end of the day just have some level of CRM if you are incapable of being nice through your own personality! Reducing women to tears is nothing to be proud of!
This is not a thread where we may debate the strike or whether it is right or its wrong. This is a posting to ask flight crew to remain professional and to let us get on and do what we need to do...there is already a thread on pprune where you can make your comments.
Fortunately I know this only applies to a handful of narrow minded pilots who can only get their points across through agression. You are not alone in your feelings towards the strike I am sure but there are true professionals out there who know when to comment and they know its not when in uniform or down route in the hotel bar!
Contact your own union if you have a problem with it, dont take it out on your charges!!!!