PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar
Thread: Jetstar
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2007, 07:45
ShesGreatintheGalley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
look i think we are all frustrated over management and the constant sniping at ways to 'cut costs' at the expense of crew etc... fact of the matter is, its like this over the entire QF network, it just seemed to start with us.
We couldnt be without the union.. and unless people start joining the union and giving them their full support.. we are going to stay on the same course we are now.
If all of a sudden, the entire (or majorityof the) JQ team decided to 'give it a shot' and be behind the union, we might see great things. until then, union reps are simply swimming upstream, battling to keep their heads above water.
Something has to happen. I am behind them 100% if something does. I just hope that all other crew realise that change cant take place without the support of the crew.
Ditzyboy: great you flew with us again! Yes, its is fantastic with allocated seating, and a real joy to do a 'normal' flight again. My flights are usually fuss free, quiet affairs, where passengers get a normal service (they have to pay but thats the only difference) and really can relax and enjoy their flight. i take enormous pride when pax leave and tell me how much they enjoyed the flight, or 'its jsut like qantas' or 'its nothing like i thought, i will fly jetstar again!' because its all about the CREW. we are lucky that most of our crew really do seem to enjoy their jobs and generally want to be there.
(most and generally being added because of some of the older crew who should just leave if they are unhappy and some of the younger crew who seem to think this would of been a cruisy job that wouldnt intefere with their social lives.. another story altogether)
PattyStacker: welcome darling. about time! LOVE YOUR WORK *mwah*