PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Kenn Borek Air.
Thread: Kenn Borek Air.
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2007, 05:10
DA42

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PPC

You don't need to have a PPC on the twotter to get on with borek. You only need the PPC and ICAO ATPL if you want to apply for their Captain positions in the Maldives. Most of their pilots are Canuks. They say they hire at 500 tt with 250PIC (multiIFR), but realistically... it's a little higher. My friend got on a couple months ago with 1400 hours (1200 PIC,multiIFR) and he was a flight instructor. I've seen on other threads that some posters say you "need" to have a float endorsement... not true! Borek has lots of King Airs and a couple of DC-3s. My friend for example, has no endorsement and he's flying the King Air up north. It's true that Borek has lots of applicants, but if they like you (helps to know someone, but not necessary), and you have a decent amount of hours (say around 1200-1700 with Multi IFR), you'll have a good chance at a right seat. Treat it like any other interview. It's such a diverse company and they fly to some really exotic places. If you have or get a float endorsement, that just mean chances are you'll be off to the Maldives. Check out this link for more info; it really explains a lot: http://borekair.com/index.php?cat=about#
Hope this helps.