PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bournemouth - Landing Fees !!
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2007, 00:01
niknak
niknak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Chilli Monster
As someone who HAS to go into Bournemouth it wouldn't matter what the landing fee was. It is, however, a prospect which I will admit fills me with dread every time I have to do. It is, without doubt, the WORST Air Traffic unit in the country.
Make your minds up EGHH - either you want to be the IFR training centre of the world, or a regional airport serving schedules, charters and GA which pays money to do business there. Stop trying to be both - you haven't got the capacity or the ability!
Ican supply Chilli's name and address for a suitable fee, alternatively I cannot for a larger wad of dosh...

For reasons which I am aware of but can hardly believe, the owners of my gaff put up landing fees for G/A to a similar but not quite as high level.
The result has been quite dramatic, we don't get half the number of G/A visitors we used to and neither do any of the shopping franchises within the terminal.
At one stage, handling of G/A was out to tender, but since the price hike the two realistic contenders have gone awfully quiet, I wonder why?

Admittedly it won't make a huge difference in the scheme of things, as we are well into the low cost market and will handle over 900,000 pax this year, most of whom will spend money in the terminal, but I think it's a travesty that (they - not us) can't accomodate G/A at a reasonable price.