PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Interesting note about AA Airbus crash in NYC
Old 24th Jan 2007, 23:40
bubbers44

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
His training was a day course which we were paid for and did not change the way we flew an airplane, just to make sure we knew at high angle of attack upsets we also had the rudder to help recover. Nobody was taught to agressively use rudder input unless aileron input wasn't working in a roll situation. It didn't change my method of flying at all. Just added another way of getting out of a bad situation.

The Airbus supporters would like to blame that crash on the FO because of that program but I took the same program and still know what the rudders are for and never used them after the program when I had the occasional wake turbulence event. I thought I was done and getting out of this thread because we will never convince the other side ever. We are not robots and one "How to fly" course is not going to make us misuse flight controls like that. I still think the tail broke off because they delivered it to us patched with rivets along the break line because of delamination in the factory. How accurate is that animated video of the flight controls in the last minutes? Maybe as accurate as that TWA 800 animation of that amazing climb after the cockpit separated from the fuselage? Reminds me of those satellite pictures of weapons of mass destruction when Bush decided to start the war in Iraq.