PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - endorsements for a foreign based license
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2007, 21:02
Heli+

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question endorsements for a foreign based license

Hello,
I have a student who has a temporary FAA license (private) based on a foreign license (Europe). This student is training for his commercial.
Most of the Europeans don't have night flight privileges.
Now, in order to get his commercial requirements he needs solo night flights.
What endorsement exactly do I have to write and what FAR § is it referring to?
In AC61-65E I found only 2 endorsements: student solo night flight 61.87 and to act as PIC without category/class rating 61.31.
However the first one applies to student pilot certificates which the pilot never had and the latter one is regarding to category/class whereas night flying is a privilege.
My FAA guy wanted to call me back, but hasn't done so yet.
I hope somebody here has done that before and knows about the regulations. It's not that we couldn't do it somehow, but I am really interested in the very correct way.
If you can help me with the previous you might be able to clarify the following, too:
What does a pilot holding a FAA based-on license need to log PIC hours. Especially regarding to Robinson helicopters. Does he need a BFR endorsement and a SFAR73 endorsement? We gave him both, but on his license it says "issued on the basis of the Austrian license ... all limitations and restrictions apply".
So I don't see why he needs the endorsements at all because he could fly a Austrian registered aircraft as PIC anytime.