PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet "Free Transfer On Earlier Flight"
Old 24th Jan 2007, 14:38
fyrefli
The Analog Kid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by virginblue
Hmm, that's not entirely true. I can book A-B-C in one booking on Easyjet. I was surprised to find that out a while ago when I booked CGN-LGW-INV. The two flights are on one booking and the fares are simply added. I only get one-printout and one transaction on my credit card. Different than on all other low cost airlines that indeed force you to book step by step.
Yes, the EZY booking process is effectively a standard web shopping basket approach - you can put as many flights in your basket as you like - that happens to have an obvious enhancement that offers you the default option to book out and return flights in pairs. As you say, there's no discount applied, all your items are simply added together.
The best thing EZY did last year was remove the tying of currencies to departure airports, which used to mean I'd book my flights with a kind of reverse logic - I spend far longer here in NL than in the UK but I'd book flights as BRS - AMS - BRS round trips so that I could use my Switch card! This also used to mean there was a hidden advantage in booking flights singly on EZY's system as it could end up with you paying lower amendment costs. You may have just discovered another one, although if the Ts&Cs say precisely what you say they do they don't reflect the reality of the booking system.