PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Interesting note about AA Airbus crash in NYC
Old 24th Jan 2007, 13:54
DozyWannabe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by theamrad
The issue of how control pressure/deflection is varied with speed on the A300 has always smacked of the illogical (to say the least IMO) when compared with the usual Boeing method.
Since when has a single manufacturer's methods been 'usual'? As I understand it, there are differences in the load limiting method used by every manufacturer.

but B' managed it without making a particular control input ridiculously OVERsensitive. Why could airbus not go down the same route of load limiting?
Why should they? It's not like everything Boeing makes becomes a de facto standard!
Another thing worth bearing in mind is that the A300 was specified in the late 1960s, around about the same time as Boeing were developing the first generation of aircraft that would use the load-limiting method you refer to. Airbus may not even have been aware of the development of the variable-feedback method.

I just hate the fact that I think the pilot was unfairly blamed.
Again, he wasn't.

Originally Posted by airsupport
Thank you...........
Finally some more commonsense, and another open mind at least.
Ah, so for you 'commonsense' and 'open minded' means "Everyone who agrees with me".