PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - E-3D Storm Damage
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2007, 11:26
The Swinging Monkey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Safety_Helmut

Sir, I do not believe you frankly. I am either being extremely naiave or you are telling big porkies. Accident catagories are NOT determined by someone's opinion, and cannot be frigged at all. They are a judgement (yes) based on actual damage to an aircraft, NOT the circumstances, and are judged by an independant team of experts (not, as you imply, the culprit of the damage and his mates) If you are really suggesting that you know factually of 'cover ups' on this matter or instances where damage has NOT been accurately reported, then I (and probably the staff at IFS and AAIB) would be most interested in hearing about them.

To suggest that... 'repair work took place at an inappropriate level of repair organisation' is disgraceful, appalling and if it is true, then it is almost certainly illegal and I would suggest that you either retract your remarks immediately or give some examples that can be investigated by the appropriate authorities to substantiate the 'illegal' repairs.

Comments of this nature will undoubtedly find their way into the press, and that is the last thing the RAF needs right now. Allegations of mis-practice, concerning aircraft engineering and ultimately safety will be investigated, make no doubt about that. Nevertheless, I am certain there will many aircrew who are now wondering if the aircraft they are flying has been fixed/repaired by the appropriate or maybe inappropriate organisation as you suggest.

You might have just opened a big can here Helmut, and I am genuinely shocked by your accusations!

Regards to all
TSM