PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Cabin Crew Strike Threat
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2007, 11:10
Megaton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BA may not be a low-cost carrier but neither are the comeptitors with whom our CC supervisory levels were compared. Somebody talked about looking after our customers. Is that what this is about? Hardly! CC object to fixed links and operate a scheduling agreement that frequently disrupts services because of slightly late arrivals. The irony is, of course, that they are very keen to operate to their industrial agreement on scheduling but not so keen on EG300 to which they also agreed (and were paid).
Buses? Been said before but commuting is a lifestyle choice and I can't remember seeing it written that BA would contractually agree to provide a bus service so people can commute to work. So although never contractually obligated, you're demanding that the company provide buses. Funny old world but I thought it was my responsibility to get to work - not the company's!
Cat payments? Bin 'em. Proposed fixed link payments? You are joking, aren't you? Retaining all those CSDs for absolutely no reason? Well, why not let's have flight engineers and navigators back.
More fixed links -> buses and drivers can be used to get people home in the evening rather than shuttling cc to the Cat Lounge or the CC for however long it takes to "eat at table."
Is BA a commercial company or a welfare service? Oh, stupid me.