View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2007, 10:37
Deltahero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Get real!

Originally Posted by Wiggly Bob

Deltahero

It is about maximising profit to the sareholders

Isn't that what's he's paid to do as head of an international business. Disagree with screwing the staff to achieve it though.
Guess you're right, but we all know there's another agenda. I believe Crew
have fallen into a trap here. WW's been waiting for just this opportunity and he's prepared. I just want crew - some of who, let's agree are not upto scratch and certainly not team players with their Ground colleagues - to come to their senses and use more subtle means to achieve their aims without ruining all our lives.
Crew have the undivided attention of senior players, city moguls, major shareholders, senior BA staff, government officials etc. for hours on end up there and can spend time chatting to them ( they're at least good at that ) instead of sleeping. It's worth the loss of one kip to make your subtle and friendly point to someone who can make a difference!
My other half has decided to do just this ( she's CC89 ) in support of her BASSA colleagues but is frustrated at their intransigence.
I can't believe the people who urge Crew to fight 'til the bitter end - they have to be Virgin/Bmi shareholders.