PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bournemouth - Landing Fees !!
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2007, 10:28
denhamflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I generally agree with Bose-X. I am always amazed at how we whinge over trivial costs (compared to the cost of fuel and maitenance). I would much prefer airports remain open becuase they are viable and the facilities improve , so that it brings more people into flying. All too often I visit an airfield that is very run down and charges me next to nothing - great business model?

British Cinema's went the same way then when they were nearly all closed someone realised that give people a better experience and they would come back! Its easier to build a cinema than an airport so lets not let them all close because we argue over £10, £15,£25 or even £50 for a larger airport.

I think if they charged a little more appropriately and gave a better experience then more would fly - including for business travel and personal / family travel - make it an attractive form of transport and things will improve for all of us. Keep it as a strict hobby full of whingers and let see where we get..

A simple example is to have a good relationship with a taxi firm for onward travel. I have had a varied response from "do you want us to order your taxi now" as I enter the overhead to "there a bit unreliable around here - there is a telephone book over there if you want to try..."

It seems some airfields dont expect you to go anywhere....except the cafe.