PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Army route checks the RAF
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2007, 10:09
Comp Charlie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And therein lies the problem - the SO2's DO see it as beneath them as I mentioned above...but in my experience the quickest ones to whinge when things don't go their way. You can't have it both ways chaps...we give you a forum and method in which to comment and then you don't use it...! And go and think up half-baked plans on route-checking the RAF!!

In the absence of an SO2 (or if they refuse to do it) the task of PRO is quite often given to an SO3. Personally, I would like to see the PRO be an experienced SNCO or even WO (if any on board) as when it comes to the task of arranging HOTAC and Transport for diverted/ delayed Pax they would have a bit more clout about them than a dis-interested Major for instance. And at the end of the day if this scenario did occur then said Major is just going to nominate a SNCO to do it for him anyway!!

When I used to brief the PRO halfway into their journey at the stop off on the rock they used to go wide-eyed when I told them it was their responsibility to get involved in the event of a diversion on the next leg.

Just for the record as well, the PRO doesn't strictly have to organise HOTAC etc from scratch - the DMO at Andover is contacted and sets the wheels in motion, the PRO is just there to be the 'man on the ground' and point of contact in effect. Crew won't do it as they need their beddy-byes...(they go to get steaming in local hostelry!)

CC