PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Cabin Crew Strike Threat
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2007, 09:40
Flying Lawyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by norodnik
Flying Lawyer misses the point, as most lawyers would .......
That is, of course, possible, although I don't think I have.

But what I certainly haven't missed is your comment when GMB employees at BA threatened to strike:

Yet another short sighted decision from those at the union seeking their 15 minutes of fame.

Most of us humans are lucky enough to have 2 feet. If the job is so crap, and the pay so awful, why not go somewhere else.

The world is full of in-equality, just because the boss gets paid a bit more is no reason to expect you will too, despite the fact that you may deserve it.

The law of supply and demand dictates who gets what. If BA's ticket prices rise above a competetive level then we won't need the checkin staff anyway, and hey presto they will be out of a job.
A rather different approach from your 'Come on CC, strike for ages and ages, don't give up until you have brought the company to its knees' approach in this thread.

As a "Business Consultant", which approach would you advise WW to adopt in responding to Bassa's demands and those members who support the call to strike?

(Edit)

Would I be correct in assuming that your expertise lies in the engineering/technical aspects of a business?

Last edited by Flying Lawyer; 24th Jan 2007 at 10:02.