PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Army route checks the RAF
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2007, 09:18
Comp Charlie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BluntedAtBirth
I am not sure there is a suitable from for registering a complaint about this, save the one you get to fill in every 4-5 years in a ballot box...
BAB - sorry our posts conflicted there...

I can assure you that it is laid down policy for a PRO to be nominated for every single RAF AT Pax route, be it Cyprus, Falklands, Gulf etc.

Now I can't vouch for the fact that all PRO's are briefed correctly but in the pack-up it explains exactly what this task entails, including procedures on unscheduled diversions, complete passenger manifests and all salient details about the flight.

One of my previous jobs was in Ascension and it was part of my duty to call the PRO forward and find out if there had been any problems on the first leg of the flight and to then back-brief the passengers on the name of the PRO and where he was sat on the aircraft so that any comments could be given directly to them and they had the necessary paperwork to fill in and send back to DTMA.

Surprisingly for the amount of bitching that goes on about the service provided not many people actually get off their arse and speak to the right people, preferring instead to air their whinges in inappropriate arenas such as web-based discussion forums.

One of the things that came out of my personal chats with the PRO's was the facilities for Pax in Ascension and the upshot of that was these comments were taken further and funds were found to provide more creature comforts (but unfortunately the alcohol ban remained - a legacy of the behaviour of British Army pax during a delay...different story)

So you see, the system can and does work if used correctly.

CC