PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2007, 04:36
galeforcewind

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Royal Australian Air Force

I am starting the recruitment process for the RAAF, but one thing concerns me....
1. I applied for the RAF a few years ago when I lived in the UK. When I got to Cranwell, I passed eveything except my physical...I was told I could not go any further as I am allergic to peanuts!!????? They knew this weeks before but had obviously not read my medical questionnaire. I was devastated and especially as I have not had an attack since I was 2yrs old I found it all unnecessary...and have never really got over it.
Anyway, i am Australian and have come back and am going to try the RAAF. I am just wondering if anyone knows if i am going to hit a brick wall again. It just seems so unfair because I know the foods to stay away from and although I carry an epipen, i have never had to use it (I am 31). Just wondering if anyone has any inside info, or if anyone has been in this position?
I just don't want to go through the whole thing again to have my heartbroken all over again...I have considered not mentioning it as doesn;t always work in your favour to be honest, especially for a silly reason as that? People must have all sorts of allergies and my friends in the RAF say they know a couple of people with this allergy and as long as it's 'discovered' after joining it seems to be ok???
Am just wondering if anyone knows if the RAAF has different regulations??
Thank you
GFW