PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Mauritius wannabees
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2007, 03:12
PilotVD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey

hi UAU,
I do agree with you but Airlines will have a special eye to where u've been trained. Airlines are a bit skeptical of small flying schools or clubs and they speculate that the right standard has not been achieved and LOC is right in saying that sometimes licenses are granted by certain schools for the sake that one is in a difficult financial position or will be spending a fortune there.
Some flying schools do in-cooperate training such as aerobatics training and compulsory to do a NVFR amongst other stuffs before continuing with a CPL to improve one's confidence and to be good with hand&eye coordination and thus producing great pilots.
other schools or clubs (not all obviously) do not stress on all this in their flying syllabus.
That's why Airlines would prefer to take cadets who have been trained at flying schools which normally trained Airline cadets. I've been trained at GFS Melbourne and trust me they are really tough,"black or white no in between, if u get what i mean". They do training for a lot of Airlines, namely Qantas, China, Vietnam...."

On this token, I'm sure LOC was not comparing fresh out cadets to experienced cadets. He did put a good point across.

UAU, Danny or anyone could please suggest good books for the aptitude testing, i went on google, too many!!! I'm looking for one which resembles the format of the aptitude test that AirMtius conducts.

Thx and Good Luck to everyone.