PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thick passenger comments
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2007, 21:35
ZarfBeam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
we are hidden in the herd...

Just another THANK YOU to the hard working CCs!
Five weeks ago I did two short legs on one day (AMS-LHR, LTN-DTM, 2nd and 3rd time in my life on board a plane with more than 4 seats).
During the first flight (BA) I was busy with looking, enjoying my first sunrise above the couds and so on. CC was busy (we were served snack+coffee) but very friendly.
The 2nd flight of the day (easyJet) was great and opened my eyes, thanks to the CC. A319, seat in the 2nd row, it felt like sitting in the front galley. There was a purser and a FA, both not youngsters and it seemed to me, that at that time they already had done a lot of work that day.
During and after boarding there was a lot of messing around with bags and jackets between seats and the overbins, 2 handicapped boarded in wheelchairs, passengers ignoring everything else than their own ego, counting the sheeps 3 times because somebody seemed to be missing... you probably know this stuff better than me. But the CC were still professional, very helpfull, friendly and even managed to show some good sense of humor.
During flight I saw the FA turning to the front wall just to let her (standard-) smile go away for a moment and to take a deep breath. I could imagine... and I resolved to tell her later, what a good job she was doing (I did, during disembarking). The flight finished with both CC and passengers fooling around and bursting out laughing multiple times during taxi to the gate: the purser was done with his welcome-announcement in english and the (german) FA gave us the german version: "Welcome back in Dortmund to all who live here and return home now. Welcome and have a nice time to those of you, who MUST stay here for holidays".
Oups... ;-) But CC and some passengers showed a good sense of humor, I hope the CC finished their long day with a little smlile on their face, as I did.