PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Cabin Crew Strike Threat
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2007, 21:26
Flying Fred

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by atyourcervix73
I didn't ignore them, I just don't believe they have any relevence to the debate
I'm sorry but thats ignoring them in my book. I believe 'diary of a stewardess 2017' is relevant because the 'information' contained in that work of fiction is whiy a lot of crew are striking.

My position is that BA management have a lot more to answer for than perhaps BASSA do.
Ok, so back that position up with FACTS. I am prepared to listen, but I have seen nothing on here of what big bad BA management is meant to have done. There is a huge perception (96%) of this but I believe BASSA are partly responsible for whipping this up with lots of half truths/rumours/downright lies. I am sure IFS management could be be improved and I know that getting the day off you want as CC is a huge problem. Yes, I agree that AMP (EG300) could be better but something had to be done about the chronic levels of sickness before you arrived in the company.
A few years ago I personally heard 2 CC on the car park bus openly discussing their plan to throw a sickie at the weekend in order to attend a party. It was the culture and had to be stopped.

I also contend that a certain % of cockpit crew have little or no regard for CC as whole, and that as long as it doesn't effect them negatively they are happy to let BA act in a way detrimental to other employee groups.
Yes, I am sure you are right. I am not one of them. As I have stated elsewhere, I hold the CC in high regard and do not wish to see them hurt, as I fear they will be. I just believe they are being led by a dinosaur union into a fight they cannot win. Contrast this with the CC89/Amicus position.

No one wins with a strike, history repeats this over and over again, unfortunately BA management have annoyed CC members enough to provoke action.
I agree with your first sentiment entirely. Please back the second part up with facts.

ATB and keep posting.