PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eastern Airways
Thread: Eastern Airways
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2007, 21:09
tightturnaround

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Re RT's question - he is in fact corrrect and the facility at PIK is a T3 facility and not BAE, staffed by T3 engineers. Here, the J41 a/c returning from the states are as described stripped down and rebuilt as well as being put through all the various avionics mods required (EGPWS/TCAS etc). Cabins are completely re-furbished, fitted with T3's all-leather seating and as stated galleys are added at the rear (I understand that in the U.S. these a/c operated in 30-seat config with no galley facilities as opposed to T3's 29-seat fit).
Of the 3 remaining J31/2 a/c - I beleive the oldest (G-ys) is now stored at HUY with VC/VD alternating on the Wick/Stornoway as described. These 2 will also be stored from the end of Feb when Wick/Stornoway becomes J41, making the fleet around 25 J41s and 4 S2000's.
Of the Jetstreams - generally 3 are tactical spares while 2 or 3 are on maintenance checks in the HUY hangars, though it seems the oldest BACX aircraft will soon start being returned as the 'new' aircraft come online, and the cancellation of NCL-LCY will I presume release a unit.
The Saabs - constantly rumours this will be increased by 2 or 3 aircraft this year