PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EMIRATES - Crew Discussions
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2007, 21:04
EXek11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
about ek

Hey there!

I worked for them 2 years and half, I had to resign due to an injury that doctors in dubai didn t know how to treat.Now i m better , thank god.

To start with...ek gives you bout 50kg baggage allowance to fly there.

Money is good , you get 3800 dirhams fix salary and then 47 dh per flight hour, I used to get an average of 6500 dirhams/month as a grade II ( when you start flying), flying around 80 hours a month , which is 1400 euros a month...think this is nett! because you don t have to pay for the accomodation and if you are smart thinking you ll save part of your allowances, which becomes a plus...
You get paid in the local currency.

Contrary to what you think, you ll get lot of free time to spend your money in Dubai, actually banks will come to you and try to endorse you 1 or two credit cards...BE CAREFUL! this is Dubai business ,they ll give if you have in mind to save some money i ll advse to get only a debit card and if you decide to have a credit card , use it only for emergencies.

Night life in Dubai is great! allthought everything closes at 3 am , for me that s odd! cuz in spain everything closes at 6 am or even later...

What really annoys me in Dubai is the traffic and the fact that you need a taxi, bus or your own card to get around.

The hot season is from JUne to Sept.

I hope i have answered some of your questions.

Enjoy your time working with Ek . It s a great experience!