PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GA OZ Jobs
Thread: GA OZ Jobs
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2007, 19:41
JohnnyK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GA OZ Jobs

Evenin All,

Well, after a couple of years in Africa racking up a few hours in 206's,210's and Islanders I thought I was all set too find a job here in NZ. Got 1700 hrs, got 350 twin, Got my IF renewed(goodbye savings), knocked on Doors, talked on phones, emailed,and did all the usual things you do to get a job. Had a few hopeful leads and one or two well intentioned but ultimately unhelpful promises but nothing really eventuated. I love this career-its the only job I ever want do to, so, ironically enough, here I find myself pulling 12 hour shifts in a Foundry(spelt hell on earth) in order to cash up to head to the other side of the Tasman, to the big brown land of milk and honey or at least a flying job that pays a living wage. Have put a small rainforests worth of applications to get my licenses and rating transferred to the OZ cpl, not to mention security cards and what not and, in a couple of months, shall be heading there along with long suffering wife and eternally cheerful small boy. I am thinking of heading to Cairns as they seemed to have a few promising sounding operators there but that is the only place I have really checked out. Has anybody else out there got some handy OZ job clues/tips/advice/locations/local knowledge for yet another struggling pilot living the, not altogether pleasant at the moment, dream and heading into unfamiliar terrain and not entirely sure where to turn to next? Suggestions?

Thanks Folks.

John.