PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Cabin Crew Strike Threat
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2007, 19:12
Flying Fred

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by atyourcervix73
As I've already stated, IMHO they are striking out of frustration, in simple terms.
Ok, I'll agree with you there. However, I have to ask 2 questions:-
What will bring an end to the strike - to end their 'frustration'? BA aren't going to concede anything big.

Why do they feel frustrated? Could it be that BASSA have told them they are frustrated, therefore they are?

I have said several times I have no problem with them striking provided it is based on truths. Every CC member I have spoken to has come up with stuff like 'hourly rate allowances' & 'airport hotels' & 'single night LAX' all of which have been fed to them by BASSA.

So Fred if you want me to put on the record all the reasons and excuses, I'm sorry to disappoint, my opinion is that 1 or 2 points are valid.
I am not disappointed, I agree with you entirely - they probably only have 1 or 2 valid points and I am glad you have admitted it. AMP is certainly an issue and I said so in a previous post, but BASSA pretty much want BA to discount all sickness which rather defeats the object. Also, BA have been taking the p*ss for a while now about downroute report times (which, for the uninitiated, affects crewing levels, rest & overtime) but then BASSA go and spoil it all by offering to swap it for increased pay rates.

I notice you once again ignored my other questions. (diary of a stewardess, Pension £6m) and nobody has commented on the other SPIN items from the latest newsletter I posted on no.529