PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CORK - 5
Thread: CORK - 5
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2007, 16:50
brian_dromey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tom the Tenor
there does appear to be a tiny window of opportunity there and a 149 seater jet might be potentially the best possible platform anyway for a Cork based opeation.

Anything from LGW, BFS, EDI, BRS, NCL, BRU, DUS, GVA, SZG or MUC, VLC, Venice etc. Perhaps, for cities and markets the size of Cork aircraft the size of ERJ 195s might be even better for Cork. Am I correct in concluding a 99 seat aircraft would need just a cabin crew of two F/As?
EasyJets A319s have 156seats. IMO It would be more likely to see any based a/c as a 319 as the 737s are being phased out of the U2 fleet. I think that STN is the only 737 base right now, NCL, BRS, etc have all moved to teh 319, as far as I know.

With regards to FAs its one per 50 pax, so 100=2 hostes. Easyjet have had to put an extra CC, for a total of 4, on its 319s bcause they managed to ram 156 seats(although rarely pax!!!) into those 319s.

I think that if U2 were to come back to ORK they would either base an aircraft or two here, or else have a numer of destinations from other bases. As far as I know U2 have a pair of 319s unassigned to a base for delivery this year, so you never know!