PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thick passenger comments
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2007, 11:04
blackace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As a passenger I find most CC very helpful, many of my most memorable flights have been had when the CC actually have a sense of humour and don't parade around like robots with a glued on grin (for Lufthansa read frown).

Also since reading these forums I am now aware of the salary scales for CC I have nothing for admiration for you all doing a stressful job like that under duress and some of you STILL maintain a genuine air of fun.

Some of my observations...

recent flight to Colombo.

CC. "would you like an egg or potato meal sir" ?

Me. "Potato please". (meal handed over).

CC. (to the young lady next to me) "Would you like an egg or potato meal madam" ?

YL. "Egg please". (meal handed over).

On opening the meals it became obvious to me that we had been given each others meals, and as the potato didn't look that good I happily tucked into the egg.

YL to Me."Does this look like egg to you, it looks strange".

Me. "Its just cooked differently".

YL "but it doesn't even look like egg".

Me. "Its probably because its an ethnic meal".

YL "Hows yours".

Me. "Mines fine".

She ate the meal without another word.

On another occasion whilst on a bad weather landing from Manchester to Glasgow after the pilot had a go around before finally finding the tarmac the pilot came on the intercom.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, I must apologise for the landing but as a pilot of over 26 years experience I must say that is the worst weather I have ever seen and the worst landing I have ever had to make. If its any consolation to you may I point out that I have to make the return trip in about an hours time".

Pax next to me. "Its more of a consolation to know I'm getting off alive right now".

On a flight departing from Manchester with BA. On passing a 60 year old Lufthansa classic aircraft waiting to taxii out behind us.

Pilot. "Ladies and Gentlemen if you look to your left you can see Lufthansa's recent addition to their carrier fleet, as as we are in England now he has been instructed to get behind me so I can blow dry the dust off him with my jet wash".

On arriving at Chennai and standing at the exit of aircraft with an open door on the airbridge next to us.

Canadian Tourist. "Isnt that amazing".

Me. "What".

CT. "That you can feel the heat from the engines blasting through that open door, its burning my face".

Me. "The engines are off, that's how hot it is here.

CT. eyes wide open in amazement and fear.

Minus points was the CC on Indian airlines who when asked for a Whiskey responded with the comment "Gimme 2 dorrers"...A please would have been nice.

And PLEASE can all CC make sure the seats are in an upright position during take off and landing AND meals. It seems it has become commonplace for CC to not bother checking any more. Just a request, not a complaint.

Keep up the good work and I love to fly with you all, especially the Easy Jet Girl I chatted up all the way from Amsterdam, she was a real peach.

Keep laughing, humour is great in the workplace and it would be a miserable place to be without it. I for one would NEVER complain if any CC made a humorous remark, in fact it would go down as a memorable flight for sure.