PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Army route checks the RAF
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2007, 09:15
Always_broken_in_wilts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CC,

I guess that will be a bit of a nibble

"ps Oh yes, as a footnote - apparently (according to ABIW) the majority of delays are down to the fault of Movers...care to back up your accusation with facts matey? Thought not..."

I love the Loadie/Mover banter and rarely like to "air" in public but you did ask me to substantiate my claim

Last year I was lucky enough to ONLY spend 8 weeks in either Basrah or Kandahar,many good folks I know spent much longer. I worked in both locations with some top movers and Atlo staff however it's a fact that in my own experience well over 50% of my trips were late departing due to some sort of movements issue.

I know that there is always a bigger picture and when Col Mustard is hopping up and down because his multi million pound four tonner is scheduled to leave with out him, or priority freight/pax turn up late or the fork's simply give up the ghost it's not always as simple as the bleedin movers again, but invariably as often very honestly admitted to by the DAMO, movers or Atlo staff it was. Head counts screwed up, baggage/freight not prep'd, paperwork not completed, shift change etc etc were all daily occurrences I am sad to say.

I know we are not BA or Virgin and simply shutting the doors and leaving on time is not an option so I am not sure what the solution is but what I do know is that from a crew point of view being late is like playing your joker, you can do it once,and once only and get away with it

PS ALM's are rarely inflexible as they know which rules can and can't be broken and are only ever accused of inflexability when they insist on having put right the mistakes of those who themselves should know better