PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EMIRATES - Wannabees & Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2007, 08:11
EKHQ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interview q's and English Test

hi Ju Ev,
completely agree with OzyOs,
By the time you get to the final interview with Emirates, They already know whether or not you have any flying or customer service experience.
Although i find it a little odd that you did not get asked to to an english test or a psycometric test before the final interview.

I come from a complete non-service industry, so had all questions to do with my work scenarios, peers, subordinates etc...
The only thing i can say is, genuinely think about the things you have to say, dont lie or make up any of the answers, for instance if they ask, 'Have you ever gone out of your way to help someone?', i just replied that yes, once after a event one night, i helped a couple who couldnt get a taxi, get home by driving a little out of my way.
It was acceptable, because it was clearly not made up.
ALways listen to the question, you must have the ability to remain calm, smile and listen, think and answer..

Since i am a non-native english speaker (whatever!:-P) i had to do an english test, which really is a piece of cake if youve been to an english speaking school, can be difficult if you dont like writing. I enjoyed writing the Essay, infact may have gone overboard with it, because of all the time i had, i wrote a four page article with pros and cons about mistakes!