PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Red Arrows to be chopped? Again!
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2007, 07:32
The Swinging Monkey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Local TV and radio last night claimed that the future of the Reds was secure and they would stay at Scampton, and I for one am pleased. Whatever you might think or say about them, they are one of the few things in this country that we can all be proud of.

As Ken Scott says, the Army troop theie colour, the Navy run around with a big gun, so lets keep the RAF doing what it does best - flying aeroplanes! and I'm all for leaving that to the Red Arrows.

As for the hardware - I have seen both the Blue Angels and the Thunderbirds. Firstly, they are not a patch on the Arrows, and secondly - they are just too damned fast! And that means that in between passes, you have time to go to the loo, join the queue for an ice cream and get a burger, all before they're back for another pass!!

Perhaps, if some civil serpent wants to save some dosh, why not put BBMF at Scampton, with the Red Arrows and the Vulcan? Whats the point in keeping 2 stations open on a saturday and sunday during the display season, when it could all be done from Scampton? Makes perfect sence to me, which is why it will probably never happen!

Kind regards to all
TSM