PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EMIRATES - Wannabees & Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2007, 04:24
Ju Ev

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Hello!!

Hi people! You have no idea how happy I was when I found this forum and this topics. I thank the owner a lot for creating it. Really, I could see that I was not the only one feeling nervous, anxious and a bit lost. rsrs. When we find a job or a career that we really want, or even anything that we want it badly, it's difficult no to make 1000 plans and feel very nervous about it.
I have never been in an assessment day before, and before reading all this sweets and helpfuls posts, I was much worst rsrsrsr I appreciate your kindness, and support. In special, to the amazing people from Emirates who are here spending and dedicating some time to people like me. And of course, to the other candidates, who I imediately could see myself in, and had helped me clarify a lot of my questions. I make a promise here, that wether I get in or not, I'm going to write down all my process in order to help other people too.

I'm brazilian, and I have skipped the first interview! It was a lucky break occasioned by a very nice Lady from Emirates. I called the responsible for the process here, and asked here if I could go to São Paulo (last day of three) but she realized I was calling from another town. She said ok. Half an hour later, she called me ( I almost died, I thought I was out or something) She asked me for a CV, to see if I could go to the 2 stage straight- so than I wouldn't have to go twice there, and spend more $$$.) I sent her a CV, and at night, the letter for the 2 interview arrived!!!!!!!!! ( January 27th 8:30AM)

I was veeery happy, but twice as nervous too, since I wasn't expecting! She gave me some instructions about the next stage (since I haven´t attended the fist interview)- How to dress : here, it must be a suit but with a skirt and about the process at all.

I still don't know how could this happened, and with me. I imagine that it is because it was going to be the last day of three (only this month, because they had been here last month too) and they were tired of interviewing.

It's important to say that I'm really aware that this doesn't mean anything at all. It was just good, because nobody likes to face all this interviews and when you can skip one, it's great.

Besides that, I'm very anxious and nervous. Can you tell me something about the English test? I know that we have one hour to answer and it is made of multiple choice + writing. Is it hard? Do you still remember what your topic for the writing was?

What about the group work? Do they ask us questions about passengers problems? I saw at a site some questions and I freaked out! I'm afraid of answering wrong
eg:
Most of the scenario questions will put you in a situation on an airplane where a passenger has a problem. Here are a few of the more common scenario questions being asked at interviews

Question 1: A passenger in the coach cabin says he noticed that the passengers in the first-class cabin were given newspapers and he would like one too.
Question 2: A man is making a business call on the in-flight telephone. He complains to you that he can't hear because the baby next to him won't stop crying.

Another site wrote they might ask us something like this for the writing part:

- What are your strengths?
- What are your weaknesses?
- Have you ever lost your temper?
- What is the best example of customer service that you have come across?
- What is the worst example of customer service that you have come across?

Another one, came up with bahavioral questions:

1. Give an example of a situation where you had to handle a disgruntled customer and the outcome.
2. Give an example of a situation where you were not being supported by your employer and how you handled it.
3. Give an example of a situation where you had to go the extra mile to please a customer.

Since I have never been into a recruitment before, I'm not 110% sure about what would I answer in there questions...

Thanks for your support, and sorry for writing sooooo much!!