PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is it possible...
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jan 2007, 18:15
ifitaintboeing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mike,

The requirement for training to be carried out from a licensed a/d referrred to in the PFA "advice" is diddly squat to do with the aircraft, it applies to all ab-initio training in what used to be called Group A (now SEP). I'd also be wary of the advice because it is dated May 2005 whereas the current ANO came into force in August 2005 and Art 126 was amended in October 2005
The leaflet I linked to refers to advice on Learing to Fly in a PFA aircraft, which was the initial question asked, and is therefore ab-initio. Your quote from the ANO below is almost verbatim what is said at point six on the leaflet.

Art 11 (4)
Quote:
(4) With the permission of the CAA, an aircraft flying in accordance with a national permit to fly may fly for the purpose of aerial work which consists of the giving of instruction in flying or the conduct of flying tests, subject to the aircraft being owned or operated under arrangements entered into by a flying club of which the person giving the instruction or conducting the test and the person receiving the instruction or undergoing the test are both members.
If there is anything which is factually incorrect on the leaflet, please contact me and I will get it changed.

Regards,

Cookie