PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Cabin Crew Strike Threat
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jan 2007, 13:52
kaikohe76

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
BA Cabin Crew Strike

FL, thanks again for your post.

As you may have gathered, I have little direct involvement in the current dispute, between the BA Cabin Crew & Management, except often travelling as `walking freight`.

Please be assured, I have absolutely no desire at all to see either BA as an airline suffer, or the Cabin Crew in particular.

However would you not agree, that over the past few years, the once justifiably proud name of BA & all it stood for, gained largely through the efforts of it's workforce, has been squandered (as M Mouse rightly suggests), to the level of almost an `also ran?. The Speedbird logo & also later on the BA logo, always used to stand for a highly professional airline, who always got the job done & was highly respected by the travelling public worldwide.

In my opinion, a series of silly needless disputes, spats, plain bad administration etc, has led to catering problems, check in difficulties, loss of passengers baggage, apparent `your only the passenger` attitude! & this has left many pax with little option, other than to take their business elsewhere for good.

Some years ago I was involved with the Australian Pilot's dispute, they thought they could win & their own Union advised them so, I would suggest the final outcome was rather different. It would give me no pleasure at all to see BA or the Cabin Crew go down the same road. In such a dispute as this surely, the Staff can't win, the Passengers certainly can't win & it will lead to an increasing loss of goodwill to BA as a whole.

Come on folks, get it sorted!