PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Network and a 737??
View Single Post
Old 21st Jan 2007, 23:52
bowerwilkins

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd be careful

I'd be more interested in a couple of questions first:
1. they appear to run a pretty tight/cheap ship - is it going to happen
2. where's it going to go - Camp Nifty... its not even sealed & there are 4 jet charter operators in perth... it would be pretty hard to be competitive with one old aircraft?
3. who's going to fly it - someone with a magic touch so it only breaks on even numbered sectors
4. upgrading from a braz to a jet (there are a few recent failures out there) - they appear to struggle to operate braz's... unless high cap aoc's are back in the wheetie packets
5. conditions - they used to make F/O's clean windows and do the gardening for $35K... captains at $55K a bit better off without the domestic chores

The word on the grape vine seems if it ever happened, that the FO gig would be $60K (no allowances). The bond... well they bond F/O's on the braz $25K for 30mth from check-to-line (no pro-rata first 12mth)... so imagine probably $35K for 3-5yrs ... best to leave that to your imagination or even better... their's

Perth would be a great gig... but i would suggest going down to the Redcliffe Tavern on a week night at about 18:30 and talk to the actual drivers... i think they would put you straight!