PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What are the chances I could get a job in China?
Old 21st Jan 2007, 23:29
mach2.5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
to student pilot

Hi there:

i had the same thoughts as you a few monthes ago, i have a chinese passport and willing to fly bigger stuff...

the problem is what do you really want, as to some other people already mentioned above...if you want to fly jets and dont care how much you get paid, dont mind living in a polluted contry, dont care if you have to work your ass off and being used as a slave....finish your trainning and try to apply....there are employment details on the major airline's web...in chinese.

i was offered to be an instructor last year in china, of course in GA, and i was so about to go...close to my family, childhood friends, good pay for an instructor....but after careful consideration and talking to all people who have been there to fly....they said its not worth it....and i agreed too after 95% of the people told me so.

its just for now, i wont go back,but who knows what i might do in the future, i scare myself sometimes...

nothing against china, it is a growing country with lots of great stuff going on, thats what you see when you are overseas. however, lots of thing you dont see, such as rubbish dump everywhere, the smell, the crap weather, the poor human rights, and most of all, if you have a plane crash, you probly have to walk to the airport yourself...as to no one cares if you live or die...and at the end of the day, you will get brain washed and think walking home after crash is a hero thing to do....

in summery, if you wana have a life, enjoy the sun shine, drive your done up boy racer car...have drinks with close friends any day, you are better off stay where you are....

let me know if you have any questions....