PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Perth Tower Vacancies... 2007
View Single Post
Old 21st Jan 2007, 17:02
BrazDriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zhaadum, I agree with your post for arriving twins they have no idea. For the PA31/402 etc series of aircraft when given a speed restriction we cannot magically make it happen. Those turbo's take time and track miles!

I agree with the holding, why not hold us at 3nm. From that position we dont need much time, plus we dont need a 2km landing roll. Quick and simple.

Most Twins flying into perth are usually fuel critical for max payload. I can recall quite a few times the holding has been in excess of 10 mins! We dont have time for their stuffing around! Had to hold for 47 mins one day! Fixed reserve whats that??

Flightfocus, I belive Zhaadum's post was in reference to arrivals at PH not airwork aircraft. When the sequence at Perth gets busy I believe they are the 1st to go. But I like your idea of an away ILS. An ILS for them at BLN or cunderdin (but the shire is broke) would be fantastic. There is an ILS somewhere over east for training purposes only with no airport there, surely with the activity here it would be great! ASA with their airway charges should be putting the $ to the new navaid.

In the meantime we all need to share, we all want the same thing from a to b in the shortest and most efficient way.