PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Plz give me professional help regarding CPL.
Old 21st Jan 2007, 12:38
salmanhaiderkhan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CPL.....Need Professional help Plz.

The governing body for commercial flying in Pakistan is CAA (Civil Aviation Authority) and after completion of CPL (Commercial Pilot Liscence) we have 200 hours with us, including the Instrument rating, and navigation and all. I mailed to a few flying schools here but didn't get a satisfying reply or more precisely..never got a reply. I know my limitations being a pakistani, but if my choosing commercial flying from pakistan is a hinderence in getting a job worldwide, i may look for other options as well.

I am aware that there are some flying schools in pakistan, but i have no idea which one is the best? The other thing is the fear that being 28 years old and after the completion of the course, i shall be having only 200 hours at my disposal. Will there be any job opportunities for me? Because what i fear and foresee is, that there are many young pilots now stepping in the commercial flying profession, and also many who leave air force with many a hundred or thousand hours at their disposal. Will i be competitive enough to meet this professional challenge being 28 years old (although medically fit)?

The other thing is, being a pakistani, will there be any discriminations in the europian or american aviation industries for me?

Though i know the eligibility criteria and certain other professional requirements for CPL, but i am quite ignorant of the exact INSIDE of the aviation industry and the future of those who join it or are joining it. Please, with due respect, i ask you to please guide me if i should really step into doing CPL and taking it up as career and full time profession, by telling me those things that you command being an active member of the aviators community.

I thank you, and seek that help what i feel sorry i couldn't get from a pakistani flying professional or school.

Regards,

salman Haider Khan