PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates - New Conditions
View Single Post
Old 21st Jan 2007, 09:49
uplock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil More Smoke and Mirrors and a Dodgey Payrise Letter

Hi Muttley sorry your wrong Fatbus has it correct the quote I used was directly from the company letter As in most letters you need to read it several times to see what was slipped in. EK have never given something away for nothing.

Cabin Crew Flight pay does not stop at any thresh hold yet whith our scheme once you reach the productivity level for the month (when your over time payment kicks in) then you will not get Flight Pay. Wheres the logic in that?

To add insult the Productivity Pay (Overtime Payment) is less than your normal Hourly Flight Pay Rate, and you do not have a choice, you have to do Overtime some months.

Personally I am not interested at all in flying overtime. We were promised over a year ago by A.S that more pilots would be employed and we could enjoy flying around 780 hours a year. A.S even took the bold initative to blame the previous head of Flight Ops for all the problems.

What the company failed to take in to account was a massive increase in resignations as well as finding it difficult to recruit suitable candidates. They grossley underestimated the number of guys leaving and would continue to leave. Some how I think they have under estimated the numbers again.

Few points worth noting.
This letter has been produced 5 months before we even see a rise. Why not implement a rise NOW?
Company are making record profits again
The Oil Price continues to drop
Over seas Revenues ( Pound , Euro, Canadian, Australian and New Zealand Dollars) continue to rise against the AED and US Dollar.
When was the last time we had a Pow Wow with our Leaders....

Last edited by uplock; 21st Jan 2007 at 10:08.