PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Concorde to the sky?
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2007, 23:16
Synthetic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by HEATHROW DIRECTOR
God forbid but maybe one day, those who want to keep filling bottomless pits with cash might have relatives with incurable diseases.... then they might think again where their monies would be better spent.
Surely the exact point of the HLF is to preserve our heritage.

We pay taxes and make donations to specific charities to look after those who have medical problems. The truth is that the gopherment waste our taxes on self preservation, ineffective policies and one generation of no-hopers begeting the next, therefore they cannot finance a decent NHS.

Branson had no intention of operating Concorde -he knew it was impossible - so simply took a shed load of free publicity and goodwill without risking, let alone spending, a penny (something he is very, very good at).
While I suspect this is true, I'm with doubleu-anker in wanderig why BA missed the oppertunity to call Branson's bluff, with all the dammage having to back down would cause to him.

To all of us who will probably never know the whole truth, I suggest the file be closed under the heading 'Politics kills engineering triumph'.

As to XH558, I hope there is a better chance.