PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Cabin Crew Strike Threat
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2007, 20:07

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I doubt many of the cabin crew community will read this. In a sense, I hope they don't! However...

For what it's worth; It sounds like wiggy and myself (and hopefully many others) are of a similar mind. We may have reservations about BASSA, and their tactics, but there have been periods in BALPA's (not so illustrious) history when pilots have been led by donkeys!! Remember?

Pilots are told that the current (well one in particular!) bunch are pretty hot. Time will tell! But...

If ANY of the previous donkeys had balloted for industrial action, with a recommendation to strike, WHATEVER the justification, they would have achieved what they wanted wouldn't they?? As far as I recall, whenever my union has recommended ANY course of action, they have ALWAYS spelled out the CATASTROPHIC consequences of not towing the party line!!

How is BASSA different in this regard?

Some here think BASSA's requests are so unreasonable as to be a joke. I would say a fair number are not.

For example, how many pilots are happy with the workings of EG300? (The attendance management policy) Not many, judging by the comments on the BALPA website!

Another example is the MAN base. The cabin crew are simply trying to protect their jobs in the regions. There is a JFK 767 every day from MAN which is opoerated by BACON cabin crew. How would the pilot community feel, indeed, how would they want BALPA to react, if the company said the pilots would be BACON too??

Keep a lid on it guys! As I said: The cabin crew are NOT the enemy! You are taking your eye off the ball, and it is 'guffaws' all round amongst those who have just cashed in a million pounds worth of share options!