PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus - Spar Crack
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2007, 10:11
Slopwith

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks

Thanks for the thread link guys. A hard landing at BRS they say. Funny that. You could have the same topic added to the thread about BRS.

It always amazes me that what is quite obviously a right off and uneconomic to repair, does gets repaired to keep the statistics sweet.

Still wondering if anyone knows what/why/how it happened? I know the Airbus "Golden Rules" and if necessary treat it like an ordinary airplane, but it isn't. The instinctive thing to do on a Boeing/normal airplane if one suddenly has a high vs above the runway at low alt, say 30ft is to hold the attitude and add power because thats what makes normal airplanes go up and down. On the Airbus, the instinct is to pull back on the stick, not to shove the levers out of the climb gate. The auto thrust will catch up and add power to keep the speed while at this point shouting "retard, retard" at you. Meanwhile, especially in an A321, you have had another tail scrape. I do of course stress that according to Airbus their tail scrape rate is as expected! What does that mean?
Anyway, to keep on topic, thats why I wondered if anyone knew a bit more of what happened.